Latin proverbs' and locutions' FAQ and Disclaimer
- This web site was created by Marko Pinteric. It is provided bona fide, for personal use only. Therefore the author does not guarantee for the proverb / locution authencity, nor for the corectness of the translation or the attribution.
- The web site includes most basic and widespread proverbs and locutions by author's and readers' oppinion. Every addition / correction / suggestion will be carefully considered and the reply will be sent as soon as possible. The suggestion must include the English translation! The author withholds the right to reject suggestions for new proverbs and locutions. To be included on the contributors' list, the contributor has to suggest proverbs or locutions not already known or not already suggested by another person to the author. The contributor should also enclose her/his full name and location in order to be included on the contributors' list. The contributor's e-mail and other personal data will be withheld by the author, unless requested differently by the contributor.
- The webmaster is no Latin language expert, so no support on Latin proverbs or locutions will be given by him. Please note: Because of the lack of the time and resources, any request for translation or help considering Latin language will be completely disregarded by the author!
- Q: Please translate me Latin proverb / locution to English (or vice versa)...
A: Please do not expect from me to find you the translation of proverbs/locutions (or vice versa), especially the rare ones. I am not very good in Latin at all, and this page was from the beginning meant to be only my personal Latin proverbs and locutions' collection! Only huge response from readers made me to expand this humble project a bit.
- Q: The proverb/locution on your page is originally Greek...
A: I am very probably aware of that. However (a) I do not know any old Greek and (b) Most probably Latin translation is better known than its Greek original. Why don't you start your own Greek proverbs' and locutions' page?
This page was created by Marko Pinteric. Please use feedback form to
- add your favourite Latin proverbs or locutions
- correct proverb / translation errors
- add proverb / proverb author information
- send comments /suggestions
Please note: when submitting a new proverb or locution, please do include the English translation, as well as your full name and country of affiliation for the Contributors' list. ANY REQUEST FOR TRANSLATION OR HELP CONSIDERING LATIN LANGUAGE WILL BE DISREGARDED! For more information read FAQ.
Main Latin proverbs and locutions.
Latin proverbs' and locutions' contributors.